zondag 31 januari 2010

Faded Rose



It's finished, spun and plied!
Again I'm happy with the result, it's very satisfying to see the finished and completed yarn. This took quite a while to finish because it was all of 200 meters long.. so it was an endless plying night (from half past 8 till 00.30), and it took ages to skein on the swift, and again to reskein after washing and drying... but the end result is so completely worth it!

I've got a couple more things on the bobbins and also on the drop spindle... hmm I'm beginning to be as bad with spinning as with the knitting and now have WIPS and UFOs with my spinning as well...but hey, I've always been a "process knitter" and obviously now I'm a process spinner, duh, go figure....

Now I'm also still knitting, and just finished my felted slippers! Hurray! Or.. well, they're not the most wonderful examples of the pattern and the felting process in the world.. but at least they sort of fit this time.. and they're warm.. will post picture later.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. wow, those colours are stunning!!! really lovely!!
    And well with enough wip's and ufo's you never have te get bored!!

    have a nice weekend,

    Annemieke

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. that's true.. I'm certainly never bored! Didn't think of that.. (and I guess you're not either, spinning, knitting AND a one-year-old to look after!)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. no i never get bored... sometimes people ask me if i don't get bored because i'm a staying at home... NEVER!! I love it, and i have never so much time to spend for hobby!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen