maandag 18 januari 2010

An old spinster's weekend

As Ellen was with her dad this weekend I had a rather quiet weekend on my own. Saturday there was no knitting cafe, but I went to Dudok nevertheless to have lunch with an old friend, and afterwards went to the Bijenkorf to the sales. Bought a very lovely grey wool/angora cable cardigan, a very fine knit that you could never knit yourself, or at least I couldn't! And also some posh dark grey woolen trousers, two shirts and two leather belts. Besides this, I also spent tons of money on some antiwrinkle cream that I like and that think actually helps.
Sunday I mostly spent spinning... I'm spinning my wonderful Merino superwash top dyed by The Painted Tiger.
I'm not spinning this on the Woolee Winder, as I've got a lace merino/silk blend yarn on that bobbin and I've only got two bobbins as yet...
The spinning was at times accompanied by The Yarnspinners Tales podcast.

Then I went and prepared for myself the absolute ultimate single person's dinner, or rather "tea" in the best of British tradition.. it was beans on toast, with a fried egg and grated cheese topping. I added some parsil and chives to add a vague touch of wholesomeness.. but that's just nonsense. It wasn't maybe very healthy but it sure was nice, with a good strong cuppa with milk. It made me mentally jump right back to my 21st, when I lived in a bedsit in Reading and had this sort of meal all the time!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten