zondag 19 juni 2011

Back blogging with some hurdles

So, I wanted to put in a new blog, as my last one was made last year November and a lot has happened that I wanted to update you on.
However, I couldn't for the life of me remember either my username or my password for my Blogger account, as it's linked to an email account that I don't use regularly. And when you put out a request to Blogger that you've forgotten your password, they send you it on the email account that they have for you.. Which I couldn't remember!
It took me a long time of trying different names and combinations until finally it clicked and it let me enter the blog.

So what's happened, since I last blogged. I have been back to Florida, not once but twice. First time alone, in November, the second time in February this year together with my two daughters. We had such a great time! It was the first time in the US for the girls and they really loved it. I guess they've been as bitten by the Florida bug as I have.

I have bought an amazing second spinning wheel, a Schacht Matchless. I was so proud to be able to buy her, she 's a magical wheel, that is now my to-go wheel ( sorry Little Gem!). This spinning wheel is able to spin you any kind of yarn you like, be it gossamer lace or bulky fun art yarns. Since getting her, I have spun almost every day, as opposed to in fits and starts as with the Gem. Still, the Gem is a great traveling wheel, since the Matchless is not that easy to schlepp around.

I've become a member of the Enchanted Knoll Farm batt club (Happy Hooves club). it's so exciting to get a beautiful batt of silky, sparkly batt every month! Josette of EKF makes such beautiful batts, that are wonderful to spin, in gorgeous and imaginative colorways.

After a long hard think, I have decided to break it off with my boyfriend Theo. We had a wonderful year together and he is a great friend still, but he's not my big love. I have found that, and I don't know if we can ever be together, but I'd rather be alone than be with someone who is not the one that I want to be with.

On another personal note, I've had some health issues. Since about a year, I've been suffering from terrible bouts of diarrhea and bowel cramps. After some tests with the GP, I was referred to a gastro-enterologist , and had to undergo more testing including a colonoscopy, yuk! The gastro doctor thinks I have some sort of late complication of a stomach operation I underwent as a baby. It makes the food in my stomach enter and transit my small bowel too quickly, which results in cramps and diarrea very soon after eating. I have to keep to a couple of diet and lifestyle rules, and got prescribed medication ( Questran), and with these measures I'm able to keep the symptoms at bay, even if it's not a cure. I have to be careful what I eat and I tend to avoid spicy foods and anything containing milk and cream. Yes, that does include ice cream!

In only three more weeks, Ellen, Kars-Jan and I, together with the dog, will leave for France, where I have rented a villa with swimming pool in the Loire valley. Yay!! So looking forward to some sunshine and quiet! I will take my spinning wheel ( the LG) and do lots of spinning I hope..

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten