zondag 9 oktober 2011

Time-out and vitamins

Since last blog, my life has ground to a forced halt. After all my hard work and after all that happened to me and my kids after the divorce, I just felt so exhausted. There seemed to be no give anymore. Just dead tired and totally out of balance. Thankfully, my GP told me I ought to take a time-out to regain my strength, get some help, and stop working for a while to sort out my issues. At the same time - oh yes, that dreaded direction in knitting patterns- we decided to also check some physical stuff. And guess what: I was very low on vitamin B12. So low I need to start with intramuscular injections. I had all of the symptoms: extreme fatigue, muscle stiffness and fasciculations, paresthesias, light-headedness, a sore tongue; and I'd never ever connected those things or thought of vit B12 deficiency! It must be due to poor take-up from the diarrhea. Because I do eat meat, eggs and cheese, which are sources of it.
Anyway, I'm still off work and I'm coming back to it slowly. You can imagine I have loads of time for spinning and knitting!
In another month, I'll be going back to Florida too!

Last weekend, I went to the Landelijke Spindag. 200 women and a couple of men were gathered in a big room with their wheel! It was truly a unique experience. In the afternoon there was a vendor's market, where I bought lovely Wensleydale and also a Merino/silk combed top, as well as some yak down. There was a Schacht dealer there and to our surprise she'd brought along a 30" Schacht-Reeves wheel. I was very impressed. Very impressed! I think I want one...

1 opmerking:

  1. Oooooo, wat is die mooi zeg........
    En nog bedankt dat ik met je Matchless mocht spelen.....

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen