maandag 28 december 2009

Random things and projects

Christmas days are over and I'm glad... On towards a new year! After the divorce I still feel myself climbing up out of a deep ravine, and every new year can only get better than the year before.

The day before Christmas Ellen came with me to my work and it resulted in this:


cheering up my office no end!

She was very sweet and stayed pretty quiet, drawing, playing with her toys and going out with me and my coworkers to lunch in the hospital, which she liked enormously, because of eating there together with "ALL the doctors and nurses!" This really impressed her.

The Xmas days I used for knitting, mostly. I did want to spin, but somehow it didn't happen. I did finish two projects though, which is a very good thing as I am now allowed to start another if I want;-)

I finished the Moebius scarf that I mentioned in the post below:

and furthermore, I made myself a pair of fingerless mitts using my handspun yarn. I had never really understood why these fingerless gloves were so popular on Ravelry, but now I do! First of all, they're really warm on the wrists and hands, and we all know women usually have cold extremities. Secondly, they're very quick to knit up, so instant gratification! I made them in about one evening, and I do sooo like the way they've turned out:

Now on towards a new year with new knitting and spinning challenges and enjoyments. I really feel that with my discovery of Ravelry only this summer! a whole new world has openened for me and I'm glad and thankful for that and all the new friends I've made through Ravelry.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten