maandag 2 november 2009

I can't believe I did what I just did..


I bought a spinning wheel on eBay, although I've never spun on a wheel before!


I know... I'm crazy right? Well the thing is.. I've been spinning with a spindle, csteekjes was kind enough to teach me the fine art of it BUT.. I've been hankering after this particular wheel ever since I saw it at The Spinners stand at the Handwerkbeurs.


It's a Little Gem by Majacraft. I thought it was just too cute to be true. I don't actually like the look of most traditional spinning wheels. I don't want to look as if I should belong in a medieval castle while spinning. And most of the non-traditional ones have a kind of ..alternative 70s look to them that I don't particularly like either.


So well, there was this cute little foldable double treadle thingy with its' nice upright pole and tiny wheel, I couldn't resist it. I was in need of some tender loving splashing out of money tot treat myself anyway. 'Cause you guys know I'm sad and lonely and badly in need of some cheering up. Especially in the wild, unexpected, let's blow some money way.

And boy did it cheer me up!!


The only thing is I do worry it's going to take up all my knitting time...

1 opmerking:

  1. Ha! Welcome to the club..

    En nu ga je zeker ook mee op Spinweekend in Okt 2010!?

    Je weet: het is verslavend.

    Je little gem is een beauty, en nu kunnen we een keer samen spinnen (want hij/zij past vast in je rugzak, toch? ;)
    Puk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen