zondag 29 november 2009

First spinning samples



The Little Gem is exactly that, a little gem! I so enjoy working with her, although obviously I'm a beginner and still need to figure out loads of stuff...
I'm going to post some pictures of my first ever project made with self spun yarn, and another picture showing my first "skein" that I plied, washed and twisted into the smallest skein you could think of, but it's nice and really soft and I made it myself!!

Constance and I went to The Spinners in the Hague for a knitting group, which in itself was very enjoyable sitting there in Dinekes spacious room full of woolly and spinny things. She showed me a drop spindle by Golding that I immediately loved and ordered



I figured with such lovely tools even drop spindle spinning would be enjoyable and you can take it anywhere (although I have a travelling wheel, I don't see myself taking it always with me).

Also I bought some spinning roving wool/silk blends and spent the rest of the evening at home spinning up some of that. It IS truly addictive!

1 opmerking:

  1. welkom to the slaves of spinning club!

    Het gaat bij mij in vlagen, dat spinnen (op tol of echt wiel)

    Je eerste skein ziet er prachtig gelijkmatig uit, heel goed! En mooie kleuren ook!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen