dinsdag 24 november 2009

It's arrived ! , OR how I still haven't been knitting




My Majacraft Little Gem spinning wheel arrived at last! It is such a beauty!
It came with the TNT mail, actually the mailman was just about to drive his van away from my house when I arrived from shopping. I could just stop him! He had a sour face and said in a very unenthousiastic way "well lady, it's a package for which money should be paid, so.."as if he expected me to say; "why, I don't have any money on me so please just drive away and take the package with you", derrrr, AS IF!! So I explained to him that I was expecting that, actually had the money on me, so could I please have the package, and grudgingly he parked the van and handed over the package! To my suprise the customs and clearance money was only about a fifth of waht I had calculated. So I was overjoyed! It hadn't cost me as much as I expected and I had the wheel!!

It was actually very easy to assemble so before I knew it I was treadling away, and the same evening I already started spinning. Now I'm a beginner spinner, and I'm still a long way away from drafting and spinning the perfect yarn, BUT... it's enormous fun!

The wheel came with a nice dark green travelling bag, 4 bobbins, and a travelling lazy kate, and also with some very interesting New Zealand newspapers, so I now know all about what they're up to in Raratoa county, and what the sheriff said about it all....

1 opmerking:

  1. Het wiel ziet er prachtig uit.....en nu spinnen maar!! Veel plezier ermee.......

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen