woensdag 9 december 2009

Second handspun skein, knit night and good resolutions

I'm very proud to post the photos of the second piece of spinwork I made!


I love the multicolor effect and I think it's not too bad for a second attempt.

It was actually really hard to photograph today because it's very dark in these current December days, there's hardly any natural light as it was cloudy and overcast.

Yesterday was knit night with the Rotterdam Stitch and Bitch group in Hoofdstuk II. I was keen to go, to show off the homespun. Constance was very kind to lend me a copy of the Spin-Off..think I'll have to take out a subscription because I'm A Spinner now, aren't I?
It was good fun as usual. I must admit I didn't knit a lot... Moontje was there and she showed her first skein, straight off the bobbin because she had only just finished it. She got a Louet S10 just this weekend so I guess it's another one in our SnB group bitten by the spinning bug... She's even more adventurous than I am, because apparently she is also going to dye her own wool.. wow! I think it'l be good fun - but not for me, I hardly have any time for myself as it is.

I 'm beginning to find out there's a disadvantage to spinning.. my stash was already full but now it's bordering on overload. With spinning I'm only gaining more yarn while having less time to knit it up. So I made some early New Year's resolutions: I'm NOT allowed to buy ANY more yarn until I've actually knit up some. And I mean SERIOUSLY knit up some!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten