zondag 6 december 2009

Sinterklaas and more yarny delights....

Yesterday it was Sinterklaas and it started off rather well as I got an early present.. in the afternoon my package from http://www.finlandiaimport.nl/ (Finlandia Import) arrived.
It wasn't really from Sint, as I'd ordered it myself but it was a surprise nevertheless because it arrived earlier than I expected and it it were:

-2 skeins of the very new Drops Delight yarn
-Addi lace circular needles sizes 4.5 and 5 mm (for the shawls I plan to knit with my new handspun yarns
-a tiny Addi 2.5 mm circular, that I wanted to try knitting socks on
-the new Spectra Trendz rainbow coloured acrylic interchangable circular needle set (wow, what a long sentence and I haven't even added they're from KnitPro or that in the US they're called Zephyr!!) in a cute shocking pink cover, great for travelling I would imagine



yummy yummy, I was soo happy!

Well, I was lucky it arrived that day, because although I had heavily hinted to my mother that I would really like some yarn for Sinterklaas, like for example Noro at the Ryahuis in Zuidlaren... I didn't get any :-(

Late at night, after everyone had gone to bed, and sitting in the middle of the Sinterklaas rubble, I started a sock with the Delight yarn on the tiny needle, and knitted some with the Spectra needles.. mmmmm not too bad!


Then today I twined two bobbins of spun singles (from the Spinner's 80% Australian Merino/20%silk sliver) into a 2-ply yarn, wound it onto my Mama Bear swift (I havent't got a niddy noddy yet, although Netteke and Meey(Ravelry) bought one for me at http://shop.die-wollfabrik.com)




this finishing, winding, washing and drying is also a fun part of spinning!
I now have another rather thinnish skein, 73 metres, don't know the weight yet), that is approximately sport weight, and - for only a second effort- I'm quite happy about the evenness of it. Could become (teensy) wrist warmers I think!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten